Thursday, October 7, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to our blog! Here is the first of what will be many posts featuring the newest addition to our household. We are very excited to meet our little one! We found out we were expecting on August 10, 2010. Baby Ramsey is due April 20, 2011. I'm sure s/he will be the sweetest Easter egg ever!

We had our first real OB appointment today. Everything looked good, or so said our doctor. Blood pressure was nice and low at 102/76, and baby's heartbeat, which we heard for the first time today, was 157 bpm. That sound was music to my ears. :-) Kid you not, I could have listened to it all day. Up to this point, I had been a little fretful, worrying about whether or not everything was okay in there. Well, turns out this little stinker is a squirmer. It took them a few minutes to locate the heartbeat, but when they did, I noticed there were a lot of other bumps and swooshes. The nurse told us that it was the baby moving around, and that s/he seemed to be VERY active. With that, Daddy and I let out a sigh of relief. So, with the first trimester wrapping up, I feel much better about everything. :-D

We will update more in future posts. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Super congrats. I brought some maternity clothes and some baby clothes for you.

    Auntie Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! Looking forward to many more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Carla! Best wishes for a happy and healthy 9 months!

    Also, you know what? I'm pregnant, too! I'm due about a month after you: May 30th 2011, so we'll hope for as good of a doctor's visit as yours next month!

    Best wishes!
    Molly (UNI freshman year roommate)

    ReplyDelete