Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The 2 month mark

Happy two-month birthday to our peanut...our very large peanut! Two month stats...


9lbs., 5 oz 21 1/4" long

0-3 mos. clothes
Size 1 diapers


A little small for two months old, but hey, when you're six weeks early, that's the way it goes. She'll catch up sooner than we think!

Here are Maddie's accomplishments as of late:


She now eats about 4 oz. of formula/breastmilk at eash feeding. I tried nursing exclusively, really I did. I made it about 7 weeks. When she hit her first growth spurt, she spent three whole days eating. One day, I nursed her almost nonstop from 7am to 5:30pm. Ugh. All the lactaction consultant appointments in the world probably couldn't help feed this kid. So, I've resorted to pumping breastmilk into a bottle and supplementing with formula. I was HIGHLY resistant to formula at first. NOTHING was as good as what I could give her, and I felt a sense of guilt when I had to give in and feed her something "artificial." My mind started to be more at ease when I saw that she was much more content and sleeping longer at night. This lasted for about three weeks, and then she started having tummyaches, which led to her crying ALL. OF. THE. TIME. Jay came home from work for lunch one day, and I was at my wits' end. If she didn't sleep and screamed one more time, I was going to fall apart. We experimented with another formula, which made things WORSE (that was also a long day), and finally found a newborn formula that works great. We think the other stuff was too harsh for her system. After all, she is technically a 3 week old.


Sleep: about 5 hours at a stretch. Usually she goes down about 10 or 11 (sometimes earlier if we're lucky) and is up between 4 and 5. Most of the time she goes back to sleep after that.


Funny thing...We very rarely call her Madeline or Maddie. Amongst our nicknames are:

Maddie-moo

Peanut

Bug (or Little Bug)

Squiggy (which was her name in utero)

Squidge

Squiglet

Squidgy


I feel like Rob Schneider's "Making Copies" guy with all the derivations of "Squiggy" that we use.


Maddie has also started cooing and lifting her head. She's on the verge of rolling over, but we're not quite there yet.


More to come later...it's bath time!

No comments:

Post a Comment